The Village In Howard County (TVIH) is seeking an Executive Director to lead this vibrant and well-established community-based aging-in-place village. TVIH is a non-profit, volunteer-driven organization for seniors in the Howard County area focused on improving the quality of aging through education, social support, assistance, and community improvement programs.
TVIH is based on the national village model which has shown that overcoming isolation, managing changing housing needs, improving access to healthcare, and building relationships improves the quality of aging.
TVIH currently provides 40 programs a month and myriad of services including healthcare assistance, transportation, cultural, educational and social opportunities, and fitness activities that support their ability to live at home.
TVIH also engages in improvement programs at the hospital, Office of Aging, housing affordability, AARP Age Friendly, and aging support organizations. The current 180 members live throughout Howard County and are engaged with a range of neighborhood, community, fraternal and religious groups.
EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR POSITION PROFILE
• Continue and enhance the relationship and community building activities of the 180+ members and volunteers.
• Support the organization’s transition from a board led to executive director led organization.
• Increase fundraising and membership development.
• Coordinate programs with organizations supporting aging populations. 2 Desired Background and Experience
• Passion about our mission of TVIH and service to seniors
• Experience that will help manage a small organization, including budget, IT, volunteer management, and project management
• Experience in nonprofit fundraising
• Ability to build relationship, work collaboratively, and work with the Board of Directors
• High energy, positive personality, problem solver, and highly organized
Step 1: Submit a letter of interest indicating how you can contribute. Please include a resume.
Step 2: All letters will be acknowledged within two weeks.
Step 3: Possible candidates will be invited to a zoom orientation background session that introduces TVIH leaders, after January 16, 2023.
Step 4: Candidates will be asked to provide a more detailed description of how they can contribute.
Please send materials to The Village In Howard(TVIH) by January 16, 2023. Email: email@example.com
PO Box 1276, Columbia, MD 21044