Since 1980, Lutheran Social Ministries of Maryland has been recognized for our strong commitment to providing the best retirement living for our older adult residents. We are among the most respected names in older adult living and we are strongly devoted to our mission:
“Lutheran Social Ministries of Maryland, guided by our faith-based values, and through collaboration with affiliated ministries and ventures, forges relationships among the broader communities, leverages organizational capacity, and identifies and explores opportunities for further service.”
As a not-for profit organization, Lutheran Social Ministries of Maryland operates two Continuing Care Retirement Communities (CCRCs) in Westminster, MD and Ellicott City, MD. We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Director of Nursing overseeing Skilled Nursing at our Carroll Lutheran Village (CLV), Westminster, MD community. Reporting directly to CLV’s Director of Health Care Services, the Director will serve a vital role in overseeing nursing care for long-term care.
The Director of Nursing leads an interdisciplinary team of clinicians and professionals that deliver quality care and support up to 65 residents.
* We are willing to pay for license transfer fees if license if registered in another state! Plus - All the great incentives you receive as an CLV Team Member!
A strong total compensation package including:
- Competitive Wages
- Health, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Paid Short -Term and Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Paid Life Insurance
- Generous Paid Time Off
- Contributions to a 403(b) Retirement Savings Plan
- Paid Professional Development
- Tuition Reimbursement and Excellent Scholarship Opportunities
- Use of our on-site Fitness Center and Indoor Pool
- An organizational culture of caring, collaboration, and support
- Directs the day-to-day operations of Carroll Lutheran Villages’ skilled nursing facility with an operating occupancy up to 65, in accordance with current federal, state and local standards, guidelines, and regulations.
- Oversees daily clinical operations of infection control prevention and accurate completion of the healthcare MDS.
- The ideal candidate possesses strong leadership qualities and a “coach” persona to lead and motivate the nursing team.
- Works closely with the Director of Healthcare Services/LNHA, Medical Director and with the entire interdisciplinary team as a collaborative team member.
- Current RN license in the state of Maryland required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field.
- 5+ years’ experience with Continuing Care Retirement Communities, Skilled Nursing, Memory Care, and Short-Term Rehabilitation.
- Strong working knowledge of reimbursement regulations, nursing practices and procedures, laws, regulations, and guidelines pertaining to long-term care administration.
- Experience in a Person-Centered Care model.
- A strong desire to deliver care in an empathetic, compassionate way.
- Superb organizational management, budget, and time management skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong leadership skills and the ability to work collaboratively with a large team.
*All new team members will need to receive a COVID-19 vaccine within the first 30 days of hire.